Summer has sprung out of nowhere and hit us smack bang in the face. All those cold months of complaining have finally worn off and now we can complain about the sweltering 24 degree heat! The key to lasting in this heat is to keep your hydration under control, which we all seem to be failing miserably at. Everyone is aware of how much water is meant to be drunk per day, yet we still can’t get the hang of it.
Believe it or not water is the most important nutrient out there for us, even more so than food! Crazy, right? Our bodies can only function a few days without it, which is why it is so important for us to monitor how much we drink in correlation to how much exercise and what climate you are in.
The average male body is recommended 2.5 litres a day and the average female body 2.0 litres. I know I know, it sounds impossible. We have a secret for you so listen up: the daily fluid intake isn’t JUST restricted to water, hooray! Tea, coffee, juices, milk and soups (though excluding alcohol sadly, which is extremely dehydrating) all play their role in keeping you fit and healthy (in moderation of course)
The moment you feel thirsty, dehydration has kicked in and some signs to look out for are: tiredness, headaches, muscle ache and dizziness. Before, during and even after exercise keep an eye on your water intake – begin exercise well-hydrated. Drink plenty of fluids the day before and within the hour before, during and after your exercise session. This will keep your body hydrated and happy!
If you are one for thinking outside the box and you want to take drinking water to the next level then do not fear, Creative Nature are here! Our very own superfoods can become your bottle of waters best friend!
- Try our ancient South American super grain (otherwise known as Chia Seeds) which you can soak in water/juice for 10 mins and allow the seeds to put on their best slimy coat for you! Watch them expand and prepare yourself for the unique texture of water! http://staging.creativenaturesuperfoods.co.uk/product/chia-seeds/
- Next up on the dare devil water challenge is Hawaii’s superior super powder, otherwise known as Spirulina, which isn’t as daunting as it sounds, or is it? The best way to consume our spirulina for maximum absorption is to just simply mix in 1tsp of it to a glass of water daily and watch yourself transform! Just a select few benefits of Spirulina: high in protein, encourages weight loss, counteracts toxins in the body, helps purify the liver and increases mental alertness. http://staging.creativenaturesuperfoods.co.uk/product/spirulina-pacifica/
- The processed junk food we are brainwashed by and the repercussions of a ‘heavy’ weekend surely isn’t treating our bodies like the temple we are supposed to, so let’s all make a vow to get rid of that toxic build up and take advantage of Barley grass’ biggest benefit: it being a natural detoxify by adding a shot of it to water once or twice a day. http://staging.creativenaturesuperfoods.co.uk/product/organic-barley-grass/
- Add a fruity step into your day by adding a handful of our Goji Berries into a big glass of hot or cold water, let it absorb for 5-10 mins and watch them swell with excitement. Quenching your thirst and eat the hydrated berries which are jam packed with antioxidants. http://staging.creativenaturesuperfoods.co.uk/product/goji-berries/
- Vegan protein made quick and easy! Another one of our superfoods you can add into a simple glass of water: Hemp Protein. It is a known source of omega 3,6 & 9 and offers an easily digestible, rich plant protein alternative to whey protein! http://staging.creativenaturesuperfoods.co.uk/product/hemp-protein/
Now you have finished reading why hydration is so important, take a big gulp of your water, complimented with one of our superfoods, sit back and watch the better you evolve.