- x1 Creative Nature Carrot Cake Mix
- 165g grated carrot
- 70 ml Vegetable Oil
- 65ml Cold Water
- 1 tsbp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 156g Powdered (Icing) Sugar
- 60g Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 30ml of your favourite milk
- Splash of Vanilla Extract
Share this recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (fan)
2. In a large mixing bowl add the contents of the making mix, grated carrot, vegetable oil, cold water and apple cider vinegar (remember to leave some grated carrot to top off your cake at the end)
3. Evenly distribute the mixture between two 20cm cake tins and add to the oven for 20-25 mins.
4. Allow to cool for a further 15 minutes
5. For the frosting, ensure coconut oil is room temp (nice and soft), then whisk it to a creamy texture in a bowl
6. Add in the sugar while mixing together slowly.
7. Pop in the Vanilla, then slowly add the milk whilst mixing until you reach your desired consistency
8. Cut up the carrot cake in 6 rectangles and spread over the frosting.
9. Sprinkle over the left over grated carrot and add your carrot decor.