- For shortbread base:
- 300g oats
- 1tsp maca powder
- 3 tbsps maple syrup
- 5 tbsps coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsps plant milk
- For the Maca Caramel:
- 250g medjool dates
- 3 tsps maca powder
- 2 tbsps coconut oil, melted
- For the Chocolate Topping:
- 6 tbsps cacao powder
- 6 tbsps cacao butter or coconut oil
- 6 tbsps maple syrup
- 1 tbsp tahini
Share this recipe
- Start by lining a square baking tin with grease proof paper – this will make it easier to pull out the slab at the end.
- Add the oats to a blender and blitz until they form a flour. Add the remaining shortbread ingredients to the blender and blend until the mix starts to come together.
- Transfer the mix to the lined baking tray and spread in to an even, compact layer. Pop in the freezer to set whilst you make the maca date caramel.
- Add all of the caramel ingredients to the blender along with 3 tbsps warm water. Blend until smooth – you may need to add a little more water.
- Once smooth, remove the base from the freezer and spread over the caramel in an even layer. Return to the freezer to set whilst you make the chocolate.
- To make the chocolate topping, add the coconut oil or cacao powder to a small pan and set over a low heat to melt.
- Once the coconut oil has melted, stir in the cacao powder, maple syrup and tahini until fully combined.
- Remove the shortbread from the freezer and pour over the chocolate, spreading in to an even layer. Return to the freezer for a final time to set for 1 hour.
- Once set, remove the short bread from the freezer and allow to thaw at room temperature, before cutting in to 12 equal slices. Enjoy!