- 200g Dried Fruit
- 150g Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Allspice
- 1 large orange, zested and juiced
- 1 large apple, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp Creative Nature Cacao Powder
- Shortcrust Pastry
Share this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Start by peeling and grating up the apple and place into a large ovenproof baking dish. Add the zest and the juice of the orange to this as well.
- Pour the dried mixed fruit into the baking dish and add the cinnamon, ginger, allspice and cacao powder. Give it a good mix until all the fruit is covered.
- Place a tin foil over the top of the dish and place in the oven for around 20 mins. You want to make sure not to over reduce the filling so keep an eye on this. You want to be looking to remove it when the sugar has melted down and begins to bubble.
- While the filling is cooking, start placing the pastry into your moulds, place in the fridge once done.
- Remove the filling from the oven and let it cool down.
- Once cooled, start filling the pastry with the filling. Cut out 8 circles from the pastry and place on top. Finish off by brushing over some of your favourite milk to make them go golden brown!
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, finish off by sprinkling over some icing sugar.