- 10g Creative Nature Cacao Powder
- 400g Self Raising Flour
- 240g caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 200ml dairy free milk (of your choice)
- 200ml dairy free yogurt
- 160ml sunflower oil
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp of red food colouring (gel)
Share this recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
2. Grease and line 2 x 20cm cake tins.
3. In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients, cocoa powder, flour, caster sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined.
4. In another mixing bowl, mix the wet ingredients, plant milk, vegan yoghurt, oil and vanilla extract.
5. Combine the wet ingredients into the other mixing bowl and mix until smooth and combined.
6. Add 1 tsp red food colouring and mix, gradually add more until you reach your desired colour.
7. Evenly distribute the mixture between the two greased cake tins.
8. Place in the oven for around 20-25 minutes.
9. Remove the cakes from the oven and leave to cool for a further 15 minutes.
10. Put your desired icing on one side of the cake, placing the other half on top and then cover the whole cake with the remaining icing.