Eating dark chocolate is excellent for your health because it contains numerous antioxidants. However, less processed and often bitter tasting raw cacao is even much better. Cacao beans are not only the base of chocolates but also many other dessert dishes.
Raw cacao decreases oxidation of ‘bad’ cholesterol in the body that helps lower risk for heart disease. Studies indicate that components in cacao might prevent cancer too.
Two tablespoon serving of cacao contains only 1.5 g and 25 calories of fat. Cacao also offers you 3.6 g of fibre. This is 14% of the daily value and 8% of daily value of iron. Finally, by taking cacao, you take 14% value of magnesium. Simply put, there are numerous benefits to taking foods containing cacao powder.
Here is a recipe that contains cacao powder and tastes fantastic:
- ¾ cup of sifted coconut flour
- ½ cup of cacao powder
- 10 large eggs
- One teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- One teaspoon baking soda
- One cup palm shortening or grapeseed oil
- 1 ½ cups honey or agave nectar
- One tablespoon vanilla extract
- Mix baking soda, salt, cacao and flour in a small bowl
- Using your electric hand mixer, blend vanilla, agave, oil, and eggs inside a large bowl
- Add the dry ingredients in to the large bowl and then continue to blend
- Oil (2) nine-inch cake pans and then dust with coconut
- Dispense batter into pans and then bake 350 degrees for thirty five to forty five minutes
- Remove from the oven and then allow to completely cool … remove from pans
- The German chocolate cake is ready to frost and serve
The above recipe is not only sweet, but also full of health benefits to your body!