Happy 2018 from the Creative Nature Team!
We hope you all enjoyed the holidays, spent valuable and lovely time with your friends and family 🙂 We also hope you all had some relaxing time to eat delicious food, sleep in and have a break from your daily routines!
As many of you may be setting some New Years Resolutions to stay healthy and active, you may be looking for some inspiration on how to bounce back and start fresh! Here are our Top 5 Tips of how you can bounce back after the holidays and get back into your usual routine!
- Start your morning off with mindful eating and movement. If you start your day off right, you are more likely to be more motivated and inspired to continue and be healthy throughout the day! Exercise in the morning is something that you can personalize completely- whether you enjoy a full-on HIIT session at the gym or just a quick 10 minute jog. When you exercise, your body releases endorphins which are hormones that boost your mood, so a bit of physical activity in the A.M. will have you smiling throughout the day! Eating mindfully is also something you want to ensure you do in the mornings as that will make you grateful for what you have in front of you as well as make you more aware of what you choose and how full you are!
- Drink water! You may be dehydrated due to a few alcoholic beverages over the holidays and the best way to make sure you have energy and your body is happy is by making sure you stay hydrated and drink plenty of water! Have a tall glass of water in the morning, carry a water bottle with you throughout the day that you can re-fill and twist it up by adding fruits and herbs!
- Make a list. Whether it’s writing down a list of your goals for the year (hello, resolutions!) or it’s just a daily to-do list… write it down as that will give your day a bit more structure again! After parties, days full of celebrations and possibly more meetings than usual, the holidays can really put you out of your routine. Writing down what you have to do, or what you want to do throughout the day will lay everything out in front of you which will ensure you are more likely to stick with your routine and get back into the swing of things!
- Plan your meals. If you want to make sure you’re back to your normal diet and are making healthy choices- plan your meals in advance! That doesn’t mean you have to have a weekly or monthly plan written out, but simply think ahead about what you will be eating the next day or even just the next meal. It will help you make healthier choices! Also, whilst you’re at it- meal prep! Having your meals prepared in advance will make sure you don’t have to reach for those pre-made meals in your local supermarket which are often packed with sugar and salt and cost more than they would when made at home!
- Don’t worry if you slip up. Getting back into the groove of things after a holiday or a vacation is always a bit more tough. So, even if you slip up- don’t go hard on yourself and keep in mind that everyone makes mistakes… not everyone is perfect! If you slip up- think about it, why it happened and just go back to your normal routine. Either way- you often times have to fail in order to succeed! 🙂