Did you know that being a vegan isn’t what it used to be? It’s not all about having a bland range of foods you can eat which all taste like cardboard or in fact, are utterly tasteless – we’re far more creative than that now.
Have you even looked at the range of choice for vegans out there and the growing independent companies which are springing up to offer more choice?
All of our products are vegan friendly, and we’re proud of that, even though our main aim is to make our snacks allergen free.
This month marks World Vegan Month – kicked off by World Vegan Day on November 1 – and veganism is a growing trend globally. According to the Vegan Society, interest in the trend quadrupled between 2012 and 2017.
One of the reasons for this growing adoption of a plant-based diet may be the growing awareness that eating meat has a massive negative effect on our planet and our environment.
Here are just five ways in which eating a vegan diet can help our planet.
- Reduces global warming – according to the UN raising animals for food generates more greenhouse gases than all the cars and trucks in the world combined.
- Saves water – animals need a lot more water than plants and they live longer.
- Avoids further pollution of streams, rivers and oceans – animal waste, antibiotics and hormones they are given can end up here which is huge knock on effects, even affecting the metabolism of water species.
- Reduces the destruction of top soil and tropical rainforests – livestock production is responsible for at least 70 per cent of deforestation in the Amazon region of Latin America (and that’s just one example).
- Reduces the destruction of wildlife habitats and helps to halt the growing list of endangered species- this is related to many of the above reasons.
If you would like to browse the vegan treats we can offer, please visit https://www.creativenaturesuperfoods.co.uk