Our indulgent Chia and Cacao Chocolate Cake is a must have for any occasion.
We take ‘delicious without doubt’ seriously here at Creative Nature and we wanted to show our amazing customers that ‘free-from’ doesn’t have to mean tasteless.
Our brand is all about creating choice and ease for those who may struggle to find dairy free baking mixes that they can enjoy, whether it be from food allergies or even dietary choices, we don’t want anybody feeling left out.
Chocolate Cake is a treat that most people can remember from their childhoods and one that most of us enjoy as adults as well. We know that it can be hard for those who struggle with allergies, intolerances or restricted diets to find dairy free chocolate cakes that they can have. It’s a struggle we know all too well at Creative Nature and so, we wanted to do something about it. Not only is this baking mix top 14 allergen free but our packaging also boasts both a standard and vegan recipe, so that no one is left out and they are so easy to bake.
Not only are our vegan baking mixes perfect for beginners but they’re easy desserts for a crowd to impress with your baking talents. Why not test out your decorating skills on this mix and show off to your friends and family. Or, perhaps even better, why not treat yourself to a slice on a rainy day with a cup of tea in hand.
We think our nut free Gnawbles also make the perfect topping to your delicious bake. Why not head over to our social media to see all the easy recipes we’ve made to play around with this mix.
Why not snack on our nut free bars and vegan protein bars whilst baking your yummy dairy free chocolate cake, it doesn’t get much better than that.
If you’d like to know how easy it is to make this ‘delicious without doubt’ mix, make sure to click on the ‘How to use me’ tab.
Top 14 Allergen Free means: Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Egg Free, Soya Free, Wheat Free, Milk Free, Sesame Free, Lupin Free, Celery Free, Mustard Free, Sulphites Free, Molluscs Free, Crustaceans Free, Fish Free. Our Products are also fully Nut free, Gluten Free and Vegan with no ‘May Contains’.
Brown Rice Flour, Unrefined Cane Sugar, Cacao Powder (14%), Psyllium Husk, Baking Powder (mono calcium phosphate, corn starch, sodium bicarbonates), Himalayan Crystal Salt
||Per 40g slice*
|of which saturates
|of which sugars
*as prepared to the standard recipe
• 250ml of your favourite Milk (we like rice milk!)
• 110ml Vegetable Oil (or 100g melted coconut oil)
HOW TO MAKE
• Preheat oven to 180°C/400°F/Gas Mark 4.
• Gracefully pour all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and give it a good stir. Feel free to dance, sing and make merriment during this all-important stage, just try to keep mess to a minimum!
• For a single layer cake, pour into an 8 inch (20cm) greaseproof cake tin. For a double layered cake, pour into two 4-inch greaseproof cake tins.
• Pop in the oven for about 25 mins, then remove and allow to cool before icing.
FOR THE ICING (not included in this packet)
• 130g Icing Sugar (or powdered coconut sugar)
• 3 heaped tbsp Creative Nature Cacao Powder
• 80g Dairy Free Spread
• Milk (optional)
WHIP IT UP
• Mix all the ingredients together in one bowl but be super careful with the powdered sugar! It loves to fly about when you stir, so start slow and steady, then up the tempo a touch so you can get a gorgeous smooth mix (sing a bit of Soul to your bowl for extra smoooth).
• If you want a thinner mix, add a splash of your favourite milk!
• This is just our suggestion, we’d love to see your ideas, especially if you decorate with a whole chunk of awesome. Get experimenting!
• If you can’t wait for it to cool because it’s too tempting, that’s not the end of the world, but we think the icing completes it, so try and keep busy for 30 mins!