We thought we would try our hand at the famous Cornbread. This treat can be both sweet and savoury, it’s truly great for all occasions. Not only that, but this mix is also top 14 allergen free and so no one has to miss out on this delicious treat.
Our brand is all about creating choice and ease for those who may struggle to find mixes that they can enjoy, whether it be from allergens or even dietary choices, we don’t want anybody feeling left out. We’ve even included both a standard and vegan recipe on the back of our packaging so you can make this mix how you like.
Our cornbread mix is a truly versatile bake, not only is it delicious on its own but it’s one of our most customisable creations. It could be a side dish to curry instead of rice, or even the base if you wanted to make your own Jaffa cakes. Be sure to check out our recipes page to see all of our easy recipe ideas if you need inspiration.
Don’t forget to check out our social media to see what new recipes and ideas we get for this versatile bake. Tag us in your creations, we love to see them.
If you’d like to know how easy it is to make this ‘delicious without doubt’ mix, make sure to click on the ‘How to use me’ tab.
Top 14 Allergen Free means: Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Egg Free, Soya Free, Wheat Free, Milk Free, Sesame Free, Lupin Free, Celery Free, Mustard Free, Sulphites Free, Molluscs Free, Crustaceans Free, Fish Free. Our Products are also fully Nut free, Gluten Free and Vegan with no ‘May Contains’.
Yellow Cornmeal, Flour Blend (Brown Rice, White Rice, Maize Starch, Tapioca Starch, Maize), Raw Cane Sugar, Baking Powder (Mono Calcium Phosphate, Corn Starch, Raising Agent: Sodium Bicarbonates), Crystal Salt
||Per 63g serving*
|of which saturates
|of which sugars
*as prepared to standard recipe on pack
• 50ml Vegetable Oil
• 200ml Plant Milk
• 80g Apple Sauce
• 2 Large Eggs
• 200ml Milk
HOW TO MAKE
• Grease a 1lb loaf tin or 20cm cake tin with Butter/Oil and leave a teaspoon more in the bottom of the tin for good measure! Turn the oven to 200c and pop the tin in to get good and toasty.
• Pour this packet into your favourite mixing bowl and give it a quick whisk to remove any annoying lumps.
• Make a little well in the middle, then carefully add the rest of the ingredients. Give it all a good stir, but don’t over mix, or it will be a tad dense!
• Using oven gloves, take the tin out of the oven and lovingly spoon the mixture in.
• Pop the tin back in the oven and let it cook for around 25 minutes, until golden on top.
• Using your oven gloves again, remove the piping hot tin and leave to cool slightly.
OUR EXPERT ADVICE:
• Heating the tin before adding the batter gives you a crispy bottom, if you prefer it less crispy, then skip that bit!
• For a fluffier bread, use buttermilk instead of milk or add 2 tablespoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to you milk for a homemade buttermilk!
• Got a sweet tooth? Add 2 tablespoons maple syrup to sweeten the deal, or spread some maple butter on top when it’s still piping hot from the oven!