- 3 medium size pears
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Butter
- 4 Tbsp Creative Nature Cacao Powder
- 120 g coconut oil
- 120 g of brown coconut sugar
- 4 eggs or egg replacement
- 100 g almond meal
- 30 g gluten free flour
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 Vanilla bean
Share this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C
- Peel the skin off the pears and set aside.
- On a double-boiler, melt the Cocoa butter and Cacao Powder, mixing well until smooth and runny.
- Once the home-made chocolate is made and cooled, place it into in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and heat until melted and smooth. (You can also use 150g of dark chocolate instead of home-made). Remove from the heat and allow to stand at room temperature until completely cool, but still runny.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil and coconut sugar until combined, add the eggs (or egg replacement) and beat well.
- Add the chocolate, almond meal, flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a loaf tin and Insert the pears deep in the batter vertically.
- Bake for about 40-45 min until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Cool on the wire rack for another 20 minutes , dust with icing sugar and serve 🙂
Thank you to Jelena for this recipe!