- ½ cup sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 almond/other non-dairy milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe mashed banana
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- For the glaze
- ½ icing sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp almond milk (or more if the mixture needs to be runnier)
- 1 tsp peanut butter, melted
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Crushed banana chips (optional)
Share this recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil and line a medium sized cake tin.
- Sprinkle the flaxseed over 1/3 cup water. Let stand until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Stir in oil, almond milk, flaxseed mixture, bananas, and vanilla.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cake cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove cake from tin and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mix all the glaze ingredient in a bowl, add more liquid/sugar if necessary. Spread on cake with a spoon and top with banana chips
Thank you for this recipe to Basil & Vogue!