- 1 3/4 cup of polenta
- 1/2 cup of rice flour
- 1 cup of roughly chopped carrots
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1/2 cup of brown rice syrup or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoon of arrowroot powder
- 4 medjol dates pitted
- 2 tablespoon of Creative Nature Superfoods Chia Seeds + 6 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- For the Syrup:
- Zest and juice of 2 unwaxed oranges
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoon of coconut sugar
Share this recipe
- Start by preheating the oven at 170 degrees Celsius. In a small bowl mix together the chia seeds with the water. Leave it onto one side until it becomes gloopy and of a jelly kind of consistency.
- Add the chopped carrots to a food processor and blitz until they are finely ground. Add the orange juice, coconut oil, lemon juice, rice syrup, dates and the chia mixture. Blitz again until the dates are grown down in small bits. Then add the polenta, rice flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda and bicarbonate. Blitz again until everything is well combined.
- Line a cake tin (we used an 8 inches one) with some parchment paper and pour in the cake batter. Bake the cake for around 35 minutes until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- While the cake is baking make the orange syrup. simply place all the ingredients into a small pan and let it bubble until it start to thicken up slightly. Once the cake is baked pour the syrup on top and let it sit for 10 minutes so the cake will absorb it and be even more most and flavoursome.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Thank you to Elisa for this recipe! 🙂