- For The Dough:
- 1½ cup Creative Nature All Purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Water for kneading
- Oi for greasing
- For The Stuffing:
- 3 tsp oil
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2 chilli, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp spring onion
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 2 cup cabbage, shredded
- ½ tsp pepper, crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (or amino sauce)
- For The Chutney/ Dip:
- 2 -3 large tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3-4 deseeded dry red chilli
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp soy sauce (or amino sauce)
- ½ tsp sugar
Share this recipe
Preparation of Stuffing:
- Heat 3 tsp oil and saute 3 clove garlic, 1 inch ginger and 2 chilli in it.
- Add 2 tbsp spring onion and saute on high flame.
- Add 1 cup carrot and 2 cup cabbage. Stir fry on high flame.
- Add ½ tsp pepper, soy sauce and ½ tsp salt and mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp spring onion mix well.
- The stuffing mixture is ready.
Preparation of Momos:
- In a bowl, take Creative Nature All Purpose flour.
- Add water and salt and knead it.
- The dough needs to be of medium consistency so that it can be rolled easily.
- Once dough is prepared, grease it with oil and keep it aside for 5-10 mins.
- Pinch a small ball sized dough and flatten.
- Dust with some flour and start to roll using a rolling pin.
- Roll to almost medium thin circle around 4-5 inch in diameter. Make sure you roll from sides and keep the centre slightly thick.
- Place 1 tbsp of stuffing in the centre.
- Start pleating the edges slowly and gather everything.
- Towards the end, join the pleates in the center.
- Press slightly to seal the momos forming a bundle.
- Grease the plate of steamer.
- Heat a steamer and arrange the momos in the tray with some distance.
- Steam momos for 10-12 minutes or till shiny sheen appears over it.
- When you touch the momos, the dough should not be sticky.
- Vegg momos are ready to enjoy with momos chutney.
Chutney or dip:
- In a deep pan, boil 2 cups water.
- Add tomato and dried chilli and let them boil for 5-6 mins or till tomatoes start peeling skin.
- Blanch the tomatoes and let it cool.
- Once it is cool, transfer the blanched tomatoes, chilli, ginger, garlic, sugar, salt and soy sauce.
- Blend it into smooth paste without adding water and chutney is ready.