The newest addition to our best-selling, award winning Baking Mix Range!
After hearing so much positive feedback on our Brownie, Banana Bread and Muffin Mixes, we thought it was time to expand the range and develop something new! So we took the classic chocolate cake recipe, and made it 10 x better! This brand new mix is our most versatile recipe yet… just add 2 ingredients: your favourite milk (we recommend rice milk) and your favourite oil (we recommend sunflower oil) it really is that simple!
Even better – this mix totally Safe from Gluten, Dairy, Wheat and Nuts. So if you are looking for an easy, mess free and delicious recipe that can cater for everyone at the party, this one is for you!
INGREDIENTS: Brown Rice Flour, Unrefined Cane Sugar, Cacao Powder (14%), Psyllium Husk, Baking Powder (mono calcium phosphate, corn starch, sodium bicarbonates), Himalayan Crystal Salt
||Per 40g slice, as prepared to the standard recipe
|Energy/Energie/Valor Energético (kcal)
|Energy/Energie/ Valor Energético (kJ)
|Carbs/Kohlenhydrate/Hidratos de Carbono (g)
|Fibre/Ballaststof/Fibra alimentaria (g)
• 250ml of your favourite milk (we like rice milk!)
• 110ml Vegetable Oil (or 100g melted coconut oil)
HOW TO MAKE
• Preheat oven to 180°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
• Gracefully pour all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and give it a good stir. Feel free to dance, sing and make merriment during this all-important stage, just try to keep mess to a minimum!
• For a single layer cake, pour into an 8 inch (20cm) greaseproof cake tin. For a double layered cake, pour into two 4-inch greaseproof cake tins.
• Pop in the oven for about 25 mins, then remove and allow to cool before icing.
FOR THE ICING (not included in this packet)
• 130g Icing Sugar (or powdered coconut sugar)
• 3 heaped tbsp Creative Nature Cacao Powder
• 80g Dairy Free Spread
• Milk (optional)
WHIP IT UP
• Mix all the ingredients together in one bowl but be super careful with the powdered sugar! It loves to fly about when you stir, so start slow and steady, then up the tempo a touch so you can get a gorgeous smooth mix (sing a bit of Soul to your bowl for extra smoooth).
• If you want a thinner mix, add a splash of your favourite milk!
• This is just our suggestion, we’d love to see your ideas, especially if you decorate with a whole chunk of awesome. Get experimenting!
• If you can’t wait for it to cool because it’s too tempting, that’s not the end of the world, but we think the icing completes it, so try and keep busy for 30 mins!