We had such a great response to our Crazy Carrot Cake Snack bar that we just had to bring you the real deal. Just like all our other baking mixes, this mix is vegan, gluten-free and top 14 allergen free as well. We’re making sure everyone can be included when this cake leaves the oven.
We know from experience how hard it can be for those with restricted diets to find safe carrot cake out in the world. In cafes or store-bought, they tend to include allergens either in the mix or in the decoration.
Well, you don’t have to look any further. This mix has two easy to bake recipes on our packaging, one standard and one vegan, so that no-one has to be left out of this delicious bake. We’ve even included our best frosting recipe on the back of our packaging so that, once done, this cake is delicious without doubt.
If you have carrots left over from your Sunday roast or hiding in the bottom of your veg draw, use them to make a sweet treat instead. A slice of this will go perfectly with a cup of tea or even as part of a celebration. You don’t have to follow our instructions with this mix, you can make it as a loaf, as a two tiered cake or even as cupcakes. For more information on how to do this, be sure to check out our recipes page.
We’ve had a lot of fun with this mix over on our social media, why not check it out and see all of our easy recipe ideas. Tag us in your creations, we would love to see them!
If you’d like to know how easy it is to make this ‘delicious without doubt’ mix, make sure to click on the ‘How to use me’ tab.
Top 14 Allergen Free means: Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Egg Free, Soya Free, Wheat Free, Milk Free, Sesame Free, Lupin Free, Celery Free, Mustard Free, Sulphites Free, Molluscs Free, Crustaceans Free, Fish Free. Our Products are also fully Nut free, Gluten Free and Vegan with no ‘May Contains’.
Flour Blend (Brown Rice Flour, White Rice Flour, Maize Starch, Tapioca Starch, Maize Flour), Unrefined Cane Sugar, Milled Flaxseed, Baking Powder (Mono Calcium Phosphate, Corn Starch, Raising Agents: Sodium Bicarbonate), Mixed Spice (Cinnamon, Coriander, Ginger, Allspice, Nutmeg, Clove), Pink Himalayan Salt
||Per 60g serving*
|of which saturates
|of which sugars
*as prepared to the standard recipe
• 165g Grated Carrot
• 70ml Vegetable Oil
• 65ml Cold Water
• For a fluffier loaf, add 1tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar or fresh lemon juice
HOW TO MAKE
• Preheat oven to 180c/350f/gas mark 4
• Rip open this packet like you mean it! Then lovingly pour into a mixing bowl.
• Add the water and oil and blend together (sing your favourite song to pass the time, for bonus points try and change the lyrics to be about carrots)
• Gently fold in the grated carrot (and a handful of raisins if you fancy) and let it rest for 2 mins.
• Scoop the beautiful blend into a greased 1lb loaf tin and bake for 30-35mins
• Graciously turn out the cake onto a cooling rack and do a celebratory jig before tackling the frosting. Try and keep busy for 30 minutes while the cake cools!
FOR A FABULOUS FROSTING (not included in this packet)
• 156g Powdered (Icing) Sugar
• 60g Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
• 30ml of your favourite milk
• Splash of Vanilla Extract
WHIP IT UP
• Ensure coconut oil is room temp (nice and soft), then whisk it to a creamy texture in a bowl
• Practice multi-tasking by gradually adding the sugar while mixing together slowly
• Pop in the Vanilla, then slowly add the milk whilst mixing until you reach your desired consistency
• Want a firmer frosting? Use less milk
• Want a runny frosting that drips down the sides? Add a splash more milk!
• Keep your finished, frosted masterpiece in the fridge and enjoy with a cup of tea